Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Been a While

It has been quite a while since I have posted on here.....mostly because I forgot the password. lol
So much has gone on since my last post. We lost my husband and father of my children to suicide, in August 2010. It has been a very trying year, but I think things are finally starting to look up. Kyler had his Fontan in June, 2011 and, minus some bumpy first days and having to be re-admitted for fluid on his lung, he did really well. These last few months have been trying to get him back up to baseline on feeds and back into all of his therapies. Money is always tight, but we manage and we are together.
I am dating someone now.....I finally feel like I am at a point in my life where I have healed enough to start moving on. Rayan will always be my first love and my soul mate, but I refuse to live in sorrow my whole life. The man I am dating is wonderful! He is great with my kids and an awesome father on top of it all! He has 2 boys and they get along pretty well with my kids. They are comfortable with Kristina and love being around Kyler. Which makes it really nice! It has been a long time since I have felt like this about a man and to tell you the truth, it feels great!
We are in the process of trying to find a new place to live. We don't have to move from where we are now, but the opportunity has come where I can try to find a place to live in Riverton. I have wanted to move my family there for a long time now, and I am hoping this is IT!
I am also back in school (again) haha. This time I am working towards the nursing field. Kyler has really prompted my move in this direction and I am hoping to open a special needs day care when all is said and done. In the time I have been on my own, raising my kids, I have come to realize that so much is different. Finding a babysitter for Kyler is a, almost, non-existent thing. The sitter has to have some many things and has to know so much that it is just not worth it. I want to give parents with special need children the ability to go out and know their children are being well taken care of. This may be a few years in the making, but it is my goal!
Well, time to get back to the homework. thanks for taking time in your day to keep up with us, and I promise to work harder on updating more often.
Love,
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment