Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Sick

Well, Sunday night Kameron came down with a fever and was acting pretty ill. I kept a close eye on him and Monday morning he was acting like himself again. However, Kyler started with a runny nose and by Monday night it had turned into a fever as well. Yesterday he seemed to be okay, other than the fever and runny nose. That was until his dry nose turned into a bloody nose. With his cough, runny nose and watery eyes the bloody nose kept up all day. It was not so bad that I needed to rush him to the hospital, but was enough to keep me on my toes to ensure he was not swallowing it and it wasn't getting anywhere. By last night he was grumpy, feverish and not himself. I put him to bed a little after 8 and he was OUT. However it did not last long. About every hour he was up crying. Mostly because he was coughing and it was hurting his poor little throat. Finally at 11 I took him out of his bed and we went into the livingroom to lay. Yeah, BAD IDEA! He knows the television is in the livingroom and when in the livingroom he wants to watch tv and NOT sleep......About 1 I attempted to put him back into his bed. Yeah, that wasn't flying with him. haha

He stayed in his bed long enough for me to catch a hot bath and try to relieve some of the pain I was in. I really need answers as to what is wrong with me....the pain is getting horrid. They say it is Fibromialgia, but I am not sure what to believe anymore. I have had test after test done and the only reason I have not had the final test done, a spinal tap, is because I cannot find a doc that will do it with my insurance. Anyways, the bath usually helps, but last night it did nothing, if not made it worse. Kyler was up no sooner had I gotten out of the bath. Back to the livingroom we went. This time he was watching tv whether I wanted to or not. haha He started turning the tv on and off and playing with the vcr. I think he is smarted than he wants to let on, but if he shows me that he can do it himself then I will know he is capable and he likes mommy waiting on him. LOL =)

Kyler and I went back to bed about 5 am. Kyler in his bed, me in mine, with the baby monitor on loud and close to my head. He slept until 7 and my awesome kids took him into the livingroom to play and let me sleep til 10. I woke up to the same pain I fell asleep to, just not as intense. The only reason the kids woke me up is because Kyler needs his meds at 10:30 and they know how important they are to Kyler.

Well, I got up and immediately called his doctor's office to try and get in today. We had an appt at 12:40 this afternoon. They are running Kyler's mucas and blood for Influenza A. IF that comes back positive then he will more than likely have the Swine Flu. I was told today that MANY people have had it and did not know it. It is hitting teenagers harder than younger children. Most kids are getting high fevers, stomach cramps, sore throat, vomiting, diarreha (sp?) etc......the symptoms mimic that of Influenza A. The biggest thing they worry about is dehydration and fever. If Kyler is not needing more than 1 liter of oxygen, continuing to hold down MOST of his g-tube feeds and is still able to crawl around and be a but active then we will not need to be admitted into the Children's Hospital. YIPEE!

Well, it is time for Kyler to eat again before bed. Pray this is just a cold! =)

2 comments:

  1. Oh Nicole...we're praying it not swine flu, sounds like your kids are being great helpers. Try and get some good rest and hopefully its just a common cold (pray)and Kyler will get through it soon.

    Many Prayers,
    Mike
    IHH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cole, So glad you started a blog. It's good to know what is going on and please know I'm here for you. Prayers are with you sweet. Love those kids and squeeze them for me.

    ReplyDelete